Accounting & taxes
- Guarantees 100% compliance with all relevant local legislation
(e.g.: statutory accounting standards, tax law, civil law) and
internal group guidelines.
- Manages the year-end audit process and external auditors to secure clean Early Warning Memorandums and clean Management Letters.
- Provides accurate monthly reporting package to the Finance department in HQ to enable proper consolidation at group level
Cash management & treasury
- Maintains effective credit risk and cash management
- Aligns all financing (including leasing) and bank selection decisions with the Treasury department in HQ.
- Manages all local insurance topics (cars, claims and general
internal inquiries) in alignment with HQ.
- Establishes an effective Internal Control System and thus
minimizes the risk of errors, misconduct or fraud by designing
company processes to satisfy the 4 eyes principle, ensuring
sufficient segregation of duties and creating awareness about the
possibility of fraud.
- Ability to manage the subsidiary in close collaboration with HQ
Controlling (Strong focus)
- Ensures a timely and efficient distribution of accurate financial information (plan & actual) to every budget holder
- Establishes a true bottom up planning process and develops a local planning calendar based on the group planning timetablen allowing for sufficient review time and feedback cycles.
- Assures high forecasting accuracy of business plans by providing regular plan-actual analysis
- Measures, reviews and challenges the cost/benefit ratio of proposed activities.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Finance experience and a considerable exposure to Commercial Finance, ideally with ecommerce background.
- University degree in Business Administration/Finance. CPA is a plus.
- Strong accounting (Local Accounting Standards & IFRS) and taxation knowledge.
Highly analytical and very skilled individual.
- Fluent in English. Good communication and presentation skills.
- IT literate, excellent MS Excel knowledge, familiarity with any
ERP system and any integrated business analysis tool. SAP are a
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in different, varied situations
and with different people or groups
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and be able to work under
pressure in a fast paced team environment.
- Capability to handle a process that is not easy and smooth